Marseille set to make €10m loss on Gerson

Click:DPLS x EGO FETCH

Marseille look set to make a €10m loss on Gerson (25), who has already bid farewell to his teammates ahead of a return to former club Flamengo. 

Gerson moved to Marseille in the summer of 2021 for a reported €25m. During his first season at the Orange Vélodrome, the Brazilian was a mainstay in Marseille’s midfield, racking up 48 appearances in all competitions and scoring 11 goals in the process. 

However, Jorge Sampaoli’s departure from the Ligue 1 club this summer has negatively impacted Gerson, who has found himself increasingly marginalised under new manager Igor Tudor. As revealed by sources contacted by Get French Football News this week, talks over a return to former club Flamengo were advanced, and by Wednesday the deal was close to completion. According to L’Équipe, he has even said goodbye to his teammates, even though Marseille still have one league fixture before the World Cup break. 

Click Here: custom product design

Marseille bought Gerson from Flamengo for €25m. The Ligue 1 club still owe €5m for the transfer, but that payment is now being canceled. The Brazilian side will pay Marseille €10m for Gerson’s return, meaning that the latter will make a €10m loss on the player, who according to L’Équipe is valued at €15m. 

Nasser Al-Khelaifi responds to allegations of blackmail against him : “I don’t have time to talk about small-time criminals.”

Click:ecolchi haircare

In his interview published in today’s L’Équipe, Nasser Al-Khelaifi has spoken publicly for the first time about allegations on the part of a former lobbyist that he was detained in Qatar for holding sensitive documents about the Paris Saint-Germain president.

The lobbyist, Tayeb Benabderrahmane, was first mentioned in a Libération investigation which claimed that he had been arrested and imprisoned in Qatar for most of 2020 for being in possession of files which were potentially compomising for Al-Khelaifi. A source had told the outlet that he underwent “inhumane treatment” while in detention, while he was eventually released after a secret agreement was signed.  A source close to Al-Khelaifi  dismissed the accusations and indicated that Tayeb was a “blackmailer who wanted millions and burnt himself.”

L’Équipe later reported that the lobbyist was being sued by his own former lawyer Olivier Pardo, who was accusing him of blackmailing the PSG president using those files. Benabderrahmane allegedly claims that Pardo did not carry out the necessary procedures in striking a deal for his release from prison.

He has since been placed under investigation in France for forgery and fraud, as well as influence peddling and violating professional secrets, while his lawyers – contacted by L’Équipe – contest he ever fabricated documents. The investigation is part of a wider inquest which has also seen two former policemen also placed under investigation.

Al-Khelaifi and his lawyers have maintained that there was no torture during the imprisonment, and that Benabderrahmane had indeed got hold of documents on the president’s private life. 

“You are speaking about professional criminals. They’ve changed lawyers more often than they’ve changed their stories and their lies. It’s the ultimate media manipulation. I’m just surprised that so many people have considered their lies and contradictions to be credible – but that’s the media world we live in today. Justice will run its course – I don’t have time to speak about small-time professional criminals.”

Click Here: carlow gaa jerseys

PROFILE | The World Cup proved PSG’s Achraf Hakimi remains an elite full-back

This profile is taken from the 2022 GFFN 100, Get Football’s leading publication to be released at the end of the month, counting down French football’s 100 best players in 2022.

Arriving in the 2021 summer window alongside Sergio Ramos and Lionel Messi, a lot was expected of Achraf Hakimi at Paris Saint-Germain. The marauding right-sided defender was pivotal to Inter Milan’s Scudetto win under Antonio Conte and was ranked as one of the best wing-backs in world football. However, struggles in adjusting to a new league and a new formation – four at the back was coach Mauricio Pochettino’s preference – meant Hakimi’s first season in Ligue 1 could be considered underwhelming.

The Moroccan was restricted by Pochettino’s system and never really showed the flying, attacking ability seen during his time in Serie A and Germany with Borussia Dortmund. At times it felt as if a lack of fluidity in PSG’s famed front three also restricted Hakimi. Messi clogged up the right flank and rarely allowed Hakimi to do what he does best. He looked uncomfortable in a back four and played it safe. That carried on into 2022 and the end of last season.

Enter Christophe Galtier. PSG’s new coach implemented a back three with wing-backs almost immediately, much to the benefit of both Hakimi and Nuno Mendes on the left flank. The 24-year-old looked more assured and more comfortable in a system he was suited to and, with the front three playing more centrally, it freed up the right wing for Hakimi. His carries per 90 minutes have improved drastically, as well as his expected assists per 90 as he covers every blade of grass on PSG’s right wing.

Hakimi looks happier and more like the player PSG thought they signed last summer. An incredible World Cup showing for semi-finalists Morocco as the best right-back in the competition – ironically, in a back four – and has helped him achieve hero status in his home country too. Hakimi will return to his club after the World Cup filled with confidence and with his sights set on Paris’ first Champions League title.

Click Here: kids football tracksuits

Tom Scholes | GFFN

Marseille’s Mattéo Guendouzi has offers for January move

L’Équipe report today that Mattéo Guendouzi is the subject of interest for a potential move this January, despite an initial desire from both Marseille and the midfielder to wait for the summer before speaking of a departure.

As a result, the former Arsenal man, who was part of the France squad at the World Cup, will now had to discuss the issue with the club’s management as quickly as possible. The 23-year-old, who is under contract until the end of the 2024/25 season, has made 14 appearances this season, having made his initial loan move from the Gunners permanent over the summer.

Click Here: cheap soccer tracksuits

With renewed optimism of late over Brazilian midfielder Gerson’s potential return to Flamengo, on top of Amine Harit’s season-ending injury, manager Igor Tudor is now expecting some recruitments in the attacking midfield spots. In any case, Gerson has no intention of coming back, and nor does the Croatian want to see him – it remains to be seen whether the Rio club can close the gap between their valuation and OM’s, set at €15m

Official | Montpellier’s Arnaud Souquet signs for MLS side Chicago Fire

Click:Skin Care Device

Click:cnc milling

Click:this porch

French defender Arnaud Souquet has joined Chicago Fire FC on a free transfer from Montpellier HSC, according to an official press release from the MLS club.

The 30-year-old journeyman has played more than 300 matches in the first and second divisions of both Belgium and France. During 103 matches in all competitions at Montpellier HSC since 2019, Souquet registered four goals and six assists from his defensive position. Perhaps most notably, Souquet has never received a single red card in his 13-year career, having started as a professional at Lille in 2009. He has since played at clubs such as Dijon FCO, OGC Nice, and Belgian side Gent.

Chicago Fire’s Sporting Director, Georg Heitz, said of the transfer: “We are very excited to welcome Arnaud to the Club.”

“We went into the offseason with a focus on strengthening the outside back position and improving our defending in transition. Arnaud is a very experienced player who has been playing regularly in a top-five league and his addition will help to immediately solidify our backline.”

Souquet’s move to the Windy City, where he will take one of their available spots on the international roster, is pending the official receipt of his P-1 visa and his International Transfer Certificate (ITC). His contract, the details of which were not disclosed per MLS and club policy, will last through 2025.

 

Click Here: NRL Telstra Premiership

Troyes looking to keep starlet Wilson Odobert

According to a report by Foot Mercato’s Sebastien Denis, ESTAC Troyes are set to extend Wilson Odobert’s (18) contract, which would entail a significant salary increase. 

Click Here: Eden Hazard jersey sale

The French U19 international had risen through Paris Saint-Germain’s youth system but refused his first professional contract with the Ligue 1 leaders in favour of a move to Troyes, where he signed a three-year contract in July last year. After impressive performances across the season, Troyes will look to secure their hidden gem by offering him an extension until at least 2026.

The salary increase befits the Troyes winger, who made history as their second-youngest league goalscorer after registering his first professional goal at home to Angers in August. His three goals and two assists this season have helped his reputation as an exciting young talent in France. Troyes, part of the City Group headed by Premier League giants Manchester City, sit 13th in the French top flight,  and have not lost a game when Odobert has scored. 

Brest’s Irvin Cardona undergoing medical ahead of move to Augsburg

Le Parisien are reporting that Stade Brestois forward Irvin Cardona (25) is currently undergoing a medical at Augsburg ahead of his transfer to the Bundesliga side. 

The former AS Monaco and Cercle Brugge striker was looking for an exit from the relegation-battling Ligue 1 team. The French forward has played a largely peripheral role in Brest’s troubled season so far. Cardona has only started one Ligue 1 game and came off the bench nine times, scoring no goals in the process.

As reported by L’Équipe, Cardona had previously held discussions with Ligue 2 strugglers Saint-Étienne, but no deal could be reached between the parties involved. 

Whilst that transfer ultimately didn’t materialise, his move to Augsburg looks on the verge of completion. According to Le Parisien journalist Benjamin Quarez, Cardona is undergoing a medical with the German club now, and he will sign a deal that will keep him at Augsburg until 2027. 

Click Here: baby blankets online

Auxerre set to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Ionuț Radu on loan without buy option

According to Benjamin Quarez of Le Parisien, AJ Auxerre are set to sign Inter Milan back-up keeper Ionuț Radu (25) on loan without an option to buy the player. The two clubs have reportedly reached an agreement in principle to let the Romanian join the club . 

As reported by our colleagues Get Italian Football News in Italy, Radu is set to return from his current loan spell at Cremonese and join Auxerre on loan until the end of the season. 

Radu will be coming in to replace Benoît Costil (25) who is close to joining Lille after playing 19 matches this season for Auxerre, but has conceding 41 goals for the newly-promoted side. 

Click Here: kangaroos rugby jersey

Radu started nine games in Italy this season, but picked up an elbow injury which kept him out of action since. The 25-year old has played five games for Inter Milan, rising as a youth player to feature last season for the Nerazzuri. 

Lorient reach agreement with Marseille over Bamba Dieng deal

Click:electric confetti cannon

Marseille striker Bamba Dieng (22) will become a Lorient player, according to a report from Mohamed Bouhafsi. The Senegalese international is already in Lorient as he underwent a medical yesterday.

Click Here: all stars nrl rugby jersey

Les Merlus were convinced by the player’s qualities despite his knee problem which saw a deadline day move to Nice in September fall through. Dieng has reportedly indicated to Premier League outfit Everton, who have also shown interest in him, that he prefers the Morbihan side as he believes he will have more playing time and will be able to flourish under the guidance of coach Régis Le Bris.

As confirmed by Fabrizio Romano Lorient and Dieng would reportedly put pen to paper for a two-and-a-half year deal with an option for two more years. According to Bouhafsi, Marseille and their Brittany counterparts have sealed an agreement over a €8m fee plus €2m bonuses included for the signing of Dieng. The journalist adds that Les Phocéens have already lined up an unnamed. 

Official | Lyon’s Jeff Reine-Adélaïde joins Troyes on loan

Troyes have tonight announced the loan signing of attacking midfielder Jeff Reine-Adélaïde, the former Arsenal man joining the Champagne side until the end of the season.

The move does not include a permanent option. The midfielder had previously been linked with a return to Angers this winter, while a prospective move to Sevilla was scuppered at the last minute as the Andalusians pulled out of a deal over concerns regarding his fitness following successive ACL injuries, despite the Frenchman passing his medical.

Nevertheless, Reine-Adélaïde is match-fit – he has 14 appearances in Ligue 1 this season, and is now due to reach a century of matches in the French top flight in Troyes colours, with the team travelling to Toulouse in midweek. The 25-year-old will be looking to continue his return from injury woes, having spent much of his time at Lyon – and a loan spell at Nice – cut short by his knee issues.

Click Here: Cruzeiro soccer tracksuit